Changing main URL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing main URL

Hi All. I am just after some advice if someone could kindly help me. I am very new to Magento having been a big Woo Commerce fan in Wordpress. When I set up my website, I initially set up Wordpress and then added Magento on a /magento page. I now want Magento on the first page and then delete my Wordpress site (does that all make sense!?) I thought it would be easy by deleting Wordpress, then changing the base url in Magento's configuration page but every time I do, I lose the site and admin site permanently. Not being over technical, I am confused and just need someone to point me in the right direction. I was wondering if it was something to do with the ht access file? Many thanks

Hello,

We advise you to contact our technical support and our developers will help you: support [at] gomage.com

Comment

hello, admin to login and setting to the backend from url changed,
      www.magento.com in video wached.

Comment

its not possible to change magento home page URL ,once you installed the pack it cant be perform

Comment

Have you tried using one of the migration services? Like Cart 2 Cart? Otherwise, it's much easier to setup the store from scratch.

If you're interested in a non-tech solution to your problem - our services might fit you: Magento installation, theme selection and extensions - everything is done automatically and you can get your free Magento store up and running in 10 minutes. All you have to do is point the store to your hosting (shouldn't be a problem at all).

If you have any additional questions - shoot!

Comment

Hi MarkAllan,

I think with your problem you can refer Litextension to decide your choice.
            Check HERE for more details
            If you need any further information feel free to CONTACT us anytime

Comment

Working...
            X