Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magento 2, Win 10, Wamp - how to install with 2 methods.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magento 2, Win 10, Wamp - how to install with 2 methods.

Hi,
    I click on FAQ (the link) and it says to inform the site admin. Please note, I did not join the forum and hope this link info will help - http://www.magentoforum.com/faq.php

Due to above, I am posting this simple question: Is there a detail guide for a newbie to install Magento 2 in my test environment? I am good at following detail instructions. I have spent over 3 days downloading and reading html and you tube video to answer above question. My environment is simple: Laptop with Windows 10. WAMP install. Composer install. I know they are install for I get the green light in Wamp. With composer, I use the help and list command as directed to confirm it runs.

Method 1: Using composer, I read
    "composer create-project --repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-community-edition <installation directory name>". I am using standard Wamp directory settings (ie C:wamp).

What is "<installation directory name>" Better yet, what do I exactly use/type in the "composer create-project --repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento ..." command and where do I execute this command.
    I am thinking in command prompt.

Method 2: I downloaded 1) Magento-CE-2.0.9-2016-08-10-03-31-28.tar.bz2 and (2) Magento-CE-2.1.1_sample_data-2016-08-29-06-53-55.tar.bz2. Unzip and place into c:wamp/www.
    Looking at 1) in localhost, I see parent and vendor folder. Inside the vendor folder, I do not see auto, setup, or index (ie what to run).

Looking at 2) ie Magento with sample data. I navigated with local host and got 2 messages.
    Message 1: "
    Warning: require(C:\wamp\www\MagentoD\vendor/magento/module-theme/registration.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\MagentoD\vendor\composer\autoload_real .php on line 60"

Message 2 "
    Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'C:\wamp\www\MagentoD\vendor/magento/module-theme/registration.php' (include_path='C:\wamp\www\MagentoD\vendor/magento/zendframework1/library;C:\wamp\www\MagentoD\vendor/phpunit/php-file-iterator;C:\wamp\www\MagentoD\vendor/phpunit/phpunit;C:\wamp\www\MagentoD\vendor/symfony/yaml;.;C:\php\pear') in C:\wamp\www\MagentoD\vendor\composer\autoload_real .php on line 60"

In my research on how to install Magento 2, there was a mention of setup wizard and unluckly, I have not seen it in the downloaded (method 2 dwnld). Appreciate any help in getting this thing to run and ideally with sample data. Currently tired and hoping for help in your forum. tx
    Last edited by mike; 20-09-16, 05:26 AM.

Instead of going that much technical, I would suggest installing Magento 2 with Cloudways Magento 2 hosting. Because, some beginners and students won't be able to work on all these tips, Installing with Cloudways is simple and easy on clicks.

Comment

Working...
    X