Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update to Magento 2

Dear all!
    My company I work for has the Magento online store. The store works more or less ok. In November we spent some time to install several security patches.

Magento 2 was announced. Our partner – Magento developer gave us an advice to start preparing to update to Magento 2.

Should we do this? And in what case the update to Magento 2 is mandatory?

Thank you in advance for any recommendations.

If e-shop is working well, the upgrade is not necessary.

Comment

Hi! Everything is not so simple. The old versions of Magento will be supported, but sooner or later the update to Magento 2 will be needed. There are a lot of improvements in M2. As the Magento expert I can recommend to plan the update. If the store is working well, it can be in one year, but it is important to plan. Update will be not so easy. M2 is very different from M2.

Good luck!

Comment

It is a good question. I can advise to analyze all third-party extensions you have in your Magento online store. Your developer can do this. Magento 2 is new and only a few modules are available. From this point of view, it is better to wait. It is also good criteria for planning.

Comment

Thanks everyone! It is the good idea with the extensions. We will analyze.

Comment

Dear Margo!

In our blog we have the article Magento 2 is coming. To Update or not to Update? There are some ideas there. Maybe it can help you. In any case you do not need to update your online store to Magento 2, only because the new version is available. I do not know your functional responsibilities. But to decide, try to answer the question: Does M2 allow your business to make more money? Many changes in M2 relate only to the software component and will be invisible to normal users ...

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

With Magento extensions you are right!

Comment

You can read this article for more references : When Should We Plan The Upgrade To Magento 2?
                  When should we plan the upgrade to Magento 2? and How smooth or painful process can we expect? So, let’s try to answer these basic questions

Comment

Mangeto continues to support Magento 1 until 2018. So, I think it is not suitable time to upgrade to Magento 2. Weak community, new skills, extensions of Magento 2 are some reasons why you should wait.
                    Do not rush to upgrade to Magento 2 unless you prepare carefully.

Comment

Keep in mind that Magento 2 is very raw. As someone pointed out in this thread - there are few extensions and you should at least wait for the Marketplace to go live in Q1 2016. There's no rush. If your business experiences technical limitations with the latest version of Magento - there's plenty of stuff you could do to make it work better, from various optimizations to fiddling with cache, etc.

If your clients represent small businesses - it's better to wait until the big boys rush in as the first adopters, have bugs and issues worked out. Get back to this in February or March, when there more info on the Marketplace and a lot more extensions are available to work with.

By the way, there's going to be a Magento 2 practical seminar in Utrecht, Netherlands next year, which will focus on practical issues of switching to Magento 2, it's benefits and some of the possible disadvantages. Gathering info is your best bet right now. Find out more about this event through the attached link:
                      Magento 2 has been officially released last week. Magento, Yireo and Dutchento, are organizing a very special Magentp 2 seminar that you don't want to miss.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your tips. I am very happy for your good discussion.Now I want to share some idea in about business. Business name is forex profits.
                        Some tips forex profits.
                        The foreign exchange market is the "place" where currencies are traded. Currencies are important to most people around the world, whether they realize it or not, because currencies need to be exchanged in order to conduct foreign trade and business. If you are living in the U.S. and want to buy cheese from France, either you or the company that you buy the cheese from has to pay the French for the cheese in(EUR). This means that the U.S. importer would have to exchange the equivalent value of U.S. dollars (USD) into euros. The same goes for traveling. A French tourist in Egypt can't pay in euros to see the pyramids because it's not the locally accepted currency. As such, the tourist has to exchange the euros for the local currency, in this case the Egyptian pound, at the current exchange rate. To know more visit my website.

Comment

Magento has been a very powerful and fast growing e-commerce since it was launched in 2007 by Varien. Nowadays, Magento is chosen as a major digital commerce platform by over 200,000 online retailers because of its modular architecture, complete scalability and a wide range of options. Howewer, like many other softwares, Magento always upgrade its present version to become more compatible with users. The question is "Should we upgrade Magento?".
                          - Security Updates
                          - Responsive Theme Updates
                          - Functionality Bug Fixes
                          - Improved performance
                          - Support of the latest PHP version
                          - Tax calculation improvements
                          - Integration with Google Analytics

7 reasons why should upgrade your Magento to Magento 2.0: http://goo.gl/yZGhmX

Comment

I'd advise you to wait for a little bit longer. The migration to Magento 2 can be pretty tricky, definitely no a one-click operation and the cost can run into thousands of dollars. Providing that you install the updates and patches for your Magento version, you are good for at least a year. That will give you and you developers enough time to prepare.

Comment

Nice advice that for sharing this information.

Comment

Working...
                              X